Monday, June 30, 2008

On The Road Yet Again!

I’m off to VA, DC and MD tomorrow and will not be blogging again until next week. I’m the keynote speaker for the National Education Association LGBT Caucus dinner in DC on Saturday evening. They have confirmed 700 tickets sold for the dinner and dance to follow. I wish I could claim that these 700 people bought their tickets to hear what I have to say, but, alas, no. The main attraction is the dinner and dancing. I play a small part in the evening.

My goal, however, is to be as entertaining as I can be in about 15-20 minutes as I provide them with some information about homophobia in school sports, the fab resources we have at www.ItTakesATeam.org and the roles they can play to make athletics a safe and respectful place for LGBT students in their school.

I’ll talk to you next week. In the meantime, I hope your July 4th is safe and fun.

3 comments:

calugg said...

OT: Pat, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the passing of Jesse Helms, his legacy, and who is his political heir(s)?

negocios rentables said...

hello, i would like to read more about this interesting topic beacuase it is really interesting.

Adolph said...

To my mind one and all must go through this.
Beaver Creek homes | Trenton real estate | personal injury compensation